Online Support Group: APLB.org/chat
Pet Loss Books: Visit amazon.com and search pet loss grief books for adults or for children
When Your Pet Dies by Alan Wolfelt
Coping with Sorrow on the Loss of Your Pet by Moira Anderson Allen
Goodbye Friend by Gary Kowalski
The Loss of a Pet by Wallace Sife
Children and Pet Loss by Marty Tousley
A Peaceful Path Workbook by MJ Tucci and Laurie Califf
Heal Your Heart Audio CD by Karen Litzinger
Quitday.org Helps Protect Pets from Harmful Smoke
Best Friends Animal Society Pet Rescue and Adoption Support
- Save a clay paw print impression or fur clipping in a cellophane bag, ribbon or shadow box.
- Make a photo album. Frame a poem. Write a love note. Keep a journal. Keep tags on your keychain.
- Plant a tree/flower (PetTree.com and MyEternalFamilyTree.com). Create a garden stone/mosaic.
- Light a candle each day as a tribute. Display children’s memorial artwork, collar, photos, toys.
- Commission a work of art from a photo (PetPortraitsByBethany.com and ThePetSketcher.com).
- Hold a bit of the pet’s ashes or fur in a necklace pendant (EternallyWithMe.com).