Serving 1-Hour Radius of Tampa Bay
Call 877-219-4811. We are here to help.
- Dr. Glenn Cherry services a 1-hour radius of the Tampa Bay area including Pinellas, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, and Polk Counties.
- Please have your zip code ready (for example 33647) when calling to be directly connected.
Services and Pricing:
- Euthanasia only:
$300 – under 90 lbs
$350 – over 90 lbs
Communal or Group Cremation – No ashes returned:
$100 under 90 lbs
$150 – 90 lbs to 120 lbs
$180 – over 120 lbs
Private Cremation – Ashes Delivered:
$250 – Under 90 lbs
$350 – 90- 120 lbs
$400 – over 120 lbs
*If over 120lbs, cremation company will pickup for additional $50.
- Private Home Euthanasia with Relaxing Sedation
- Help with the Euthanasia Decision
- Quality of Life Discussions
- Signs of Suffering Information
- Clay Paw Print Impressions
- Cremation Transport
- Grief Support Resources
Pet Loss At Home connects pet owners with mobile veterinarians in a growing number of cities nationwide. Our focus is availability for home euthanasia 8am-8pm, 7 days a week, appointments appreciated. You can look forward to more and more reliable home euthanasia service as we partner with more and more compassionate veterinarians.
Email Pet Loss At Home Tampa
How To Prepare For A Home Visit With Pet Loss At Home:
- A home visit usually lasts 60 minutes.
- Please set aside a box of Kleenex for tears, a food distraction (ice cream, chicken, ham, cheese, peanut butter), two large bath towels that can get peed on and a very large blanket or bed sheet.
- Signature and payment are handled first. Cash or check (made out to the mobile vet’s name) are preferred. Credit card available with free processing.
- The goodbye setting can involve friends, family, neighbors, Skype, FaceTime, other pets, candles, quiet music, dim lighting, flowers, photos, telling stories, sharing fond memories, kleenex and towels/soft blankets/pillows. Most home visits take place inside the home on the floor, couch, or bed or in the yard on blankets. Meeting at a beach or park is an option as well.
- The most painless euthanasia method requires sedation first using the smallest needle possible in the most comfortable under the skin location.
- The process is started with a tiny injection of relaxing sedative that most pets accept extremely well. Most pets hold still for this administration, some squirm a little, some vocalize from the pressure of liquid going under the skin. A food distraction can work very well here for some dogs and even cats (milk, tuna). If you are worried about your pet’s sensitive personality, chronic pain overload or unstable medical condition, we can discuss that.
- You can keep your pet’s body or the vet can take it with and arrange for cremation service. There are two options for cremation: group/communal/no ashes saved OR private/individual/yes ashes saved/returned to you. Return usually takes 1-2 weeks. Rush cremation/return can be arranged. You can also attend/view the cremation.