Dr. John Slaughter & Dr. Lou HuzellaAll of Maryland with a focus on Baltimore, metro and the Frederick/Gaithersburg area.
- Counties Covered: Most of Maryland *Montgomery, Prince Georges, Howard, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, City of Baltimore, Charles, Calvert, St. Marys, Frederick, Carroll, Harford, Cecil, and Washington or all of central Maryland. We are here to help.
Dr. Lou Huzella
- Cost is $300-$700 depending on body care (home burial vs. cremation)
- Optional Clay Paw Print and/or Fur Clipping by Request FREE
- $300-400 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, home euthanasia. (You may prefer home burial or a pet cemetery.)
- $400-500 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, euthanasia, pet body transport, group cremation, nothing saved, nothing returned. (You may prefer to have the mobile vet take your pet’s body and save precious photos instead of ashes.)
- $600-700 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, euthanasia, pet body transport, private cremation, ashes saved, ashes returned via personal delivery or shipping (You may prefer to have the mobile vet take your pet’s body and save/return the ashes.)
- Scheduled appointments are BEST to ensure availability but we can handle emergency mobile vet care as well at times.
- Private Home Euthanasia with Relaxing Sedation
- Help with the Euthanasia Decision
- Quality of Life Discussions
- Signs of Suffering Information
- Clay Paw Print Impressions
- Cremation Transport
- Grief Support Resources
- Available Emergency Mobile Vet Care, at times
On March 12 my daughter had to make the hard decision to euthanize her elderly cat. The cat was immobile and in pain. We wanted to end our cat’s suffering so we found Dr. Foy’s mobile veterinary service. Although he had a very busy schedule he made the time to fit us in. He was pleasant, polite, and professional. He answered all our questions and explained the procedure. Despite his other appointments he gave us his undivided attention and the time we needed. He was instrumental in helping us start our mourning and healing. Dr.Foy is a compassionate and skilled vet, with a wonderful bedside manner. We highly recommend his services.
Dear Dr. Foy,
Just wanted to let you know we received Brandy’s remains on Thursday, July 21st. Everything was nicely packaged and the box is lovely.
We are very grateful that it was you who was here with us that day. Your kindness, patience, and empathy helped make the worst day of our lives a little more bearable. Thank you.
Joe & Susan Kidwel
I can’t thank you enough for answering the phone at 7am on a Monday and coming to help Jethro pass peacefully. You were professional and so kind.
Jethro was truly the dog of a lifetime and I’ll miss him forever.
We wanted to thank you for coming out to our house Sunday morning to euthanize our Roscoe. Especially it being the weekend and Father’s Day. We are very grateful.
Sincerely, Barb Cross and Steve James
Good evening, Dr. Foy,
I just wanted to send you my sincerest thank you for coming out to provided euthanasia services on Miles this morning. It was very early and short notice, I know. But I can’t tell you how thankful we are that you helped us carry out the plan we wanted for Miles at this time. Miles was a wonderful dog. Beautiful, smart, sweet, gentle. Loved to be outdoors watching the birds and sniffing the air (which is why we were outside). I know we did the best thing for him, but it is still so hard to believe at this point. Allison Zegadlo
This is Imelda Samaniego whose feline son Rudy was assisted across the rainbow bridge by you last Friday evening May 13, 2016 around six thirty pm. When euthanasia service had concluded you requested that I notify you when Rudy’s ashes were delivered. I did receive my geriatric sweetheart’s remains this afternoon. The lovely wood box with brass name plate tucked inside a beautiful green velvet bag was perfect for keeping Rudy’s ashes. Thank you very much in aiding my baby boy out of his mortal coil so he could grow irridesnt wings and fly upwards into that great white light. You gave Rudy a perfect extension of mercy on his last night with me in the comfort of home. I truly appreciate your compassionate service.
>Thank you so much for helping me today. You and your wife were so nice and sympathetic about the loss of a dear friend, a sweet, incredibly intelligent dog who helped me thru some hard times. Susan in Baltimore
Hi Dr. Foy,
I received your kind card in the mail today. Thank you so much for helping me to ease Emma’s passing. It meant a lot to me to be able to have her die at home, and with as little suffering as possible. She gave me a very happy eight years, and made everyone she met smile.
Take good care, Brian
Thank you for such great work last night with Lily. I don’t think that could possibly have gone any smoother or more peacefully. I greatly appreciate your kind manner and care through such a tough situation.
We really appreciated you coming on Friday and taking care of our LEO. I could tell instantly (when I met you) that you are such a kind and caring person. I imagine its so hard at times with what you do. But you do bring peace to those who need your help. Leo didn’t have to suffer at all. It startled us when we finally heard him make the noises he was making that evening. What a blessing that you were coming to Alexandria that night anyways.