Dr. Donna O’Leary and her TeamLong Island and Staten Island
Losing a pet is one of life’s hardest events. Let us help.
We are a Team helping Long Island and Staten Island with pet euthanasia in the comfort of home.
What does Pet Loss at Home offer?
We offer end of life care for your pet using a network of professional, compassionate, and caring veterinarians.
What are the costs?
Euthanasia only: Home Burial or Pet Cemetery
- $450 – $500 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, home euthanasia. (This option would be for home burial or a pet cemetery.)
Communal or Group Cremation with no ashes returned
- $650 – $700 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, home euthanasia, pet body transport, group cremation, nothing saved, nothing returned (You may prefer to have the mobile vet take your pet’s body and save precious photos instead of ashes.)
Private or Individual Cremation with ashes returned
- $850 – $900 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, home euthanasia, pet body transport, private cremation, ashes saved, ashes returned via personal delivery for certain locations (You may prefer to have the mobile vet take your pet’s body and save/return the ashes.).
Additional services by a trained Veterinarian
- Scheduled appointments are BEST to ensure availability but we can handle emergency mobile vet care as well at times.
- Private Home Euthanasia with Relaxing Sedation
- Help with the Euthanasia Decision
- Quality of Life Discussions
- Signs of Suffering Information
- Clay Paw Print Impressions
- Cremation Transport
- Grief Support Resources
- Emergency Mobile Veterinary Care, at times
What should I expect?
When you call Pet Loss at Home, we will help guide you through this difficult time because we care. If you use the contact form, we’ll contact you right away to help guide you. Above all, we want you to be treated with dignity and respect as we guide you through the process of saying goodbye.
We know this is a very difficult time during your pet’s end-of-life because of illness or old age. Signs of suffering, quality of life, and many more topics are questions that our veterinarians have answers for so you can prepare. Please let us help. We are here for you with kind compassion.
Having trouble finding more information? Check out our FAQ section for answers. We also have vets in the top 50 metro areas across the country to help family and friends with pets, if needed. Click Here for Map
Get in touch
Call (877) 219-4811 and enter your zip code to be connected directly. Or, complete this form:
It’s never easy saying goodbye to your pets; They’re family, and life is never the same when it’s time to say goodbye. Having Dr. O’Leary come to our home to make our Maggie spend her last moments in a place she felt safe and happy, surrounded by all who loved her was such a wonderful thing to be able to give her in her last moments. Thank you for everything!
-Patrick M. and Stephanie H.
The decision to put Lola, my 13 year old pug, to sleep was very painful for me. After she began to have seizures that couldn’t be explained, I knew that euthanasia was the most loving thing that I could do for her but he thought of taking her to the vet’s office filled me with dread. I was fortunate to find your website and was connected to Dr. Donna O’Leary. I would say that she was truly professional but that wouldn’t be enough. She was so kind, compassionate and understanding that I feel went beyond professionalism. She explained what would happen both procedurally and aftercare. After we spoke, I knew I had made the right decision and was able to tell Lola I could let her go. When Dr. O’Leary arrived, her professionalism and compassion continued. She was so gentle with Lola (who took to her immediately) and she explained what would happen each step of the way. I was able to hold Lola in my arms, at home, as she passed away. I was reminded of the day I brought her home and held her for the first time and it seemed fitting that we were together at the end. Aftercare was very well managed. I received her remains a day earlier than expected and there was a card included that had all of the details. I wasn’t expecting that and it was very comforting. Thank you again.