Dr. Tamara Smith1-hour radius of Oklahoma City, OK
- Cost is $300-$700 depending on body care (home burial vs. cremation)
- Optional Clay Paw Print and/or Fur Clipping by Request FREE
- $300-400 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, home euthanasia. (You may prefer home burial or a pet cemetery.)
- $400-500 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, euthanasia, pet body transport, group cremation, nothing saved, nothing returned. (You may prefer to have the mobile vet take your pet’s body and save precious photos instead of ashes.)
- $600-700 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, euthanasia, pet body transport, private cremation, ashes saved, ashes returned via personal delivery or shipping (You may prefer to have the mobile vet take your pet’s body and save/return the ashes.)
- Scheduled appointments are BEST to ensure availability but we can handle emergency mobile vet care as well at times.
- Private Home Euthanasia with Relaxing Sedation
- Help with the Euthanasia Decision
- Quality of Life Discussions
- Signs of Suffering Information
- Clay Paw Print Impressions
- Cremation Transport
- Grief Support Resources
- Available Emergency Mobile Vet Care, at times
Local Pet Loss Support: Pet-Loss.net and APLB.org
Address: 5217 SE 82nd St. Oklahoma City, OK 73135
Phone: (405) 672-2625
Contact: Virginia Miller, MHR
Ms. Miller provides bereavement counseling in all areas of loss, with a specialty in pet loss. Her private practice is in a relaxed homey atmosphere where pets are available for comfort if desired. She has a Masters degree in counseling with specialty in death, dying and bereavement. She is available for lectures, consultation and sessions.
National Pet Loss Counselor via Phone/Skype/Video Call
Lawrence Kaufman, LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist)
Pet Loss and Grief Counselor
Toll free: 855-PET-LOSS
7301 W Palmetto Park Road, Ste. 201 A
Boca Raton FL 33433-3456
Our beloved Willow Jane Beeman left us on 5/22/16. After 13 years of being our Pretty Girl and also our Thud Muffin (she tended to hit the floor loudly when she landed), much beloved and adoring of us in return, we like to think of her journeying to a place beyond that is as peaceful and loving as the home she left behind. We miss her every day and in every way – she’ll be in our hearts always.
We’d like to thank PetLossAtHome.com for providing us with such a wonderful, caring, and comforting vet, Dr. Tamara Smith. She came quickly to our home and made the process so much better than it would have otherwise been in a clinic where Willow would have been anxious and scared.
Brooke & David Beeman
I would like to thank Dr. Tamara Smith for everything she did for me and my dog Teshub late Thursday evening. I think she was a bit surprised by how many people were here to give my 14 year old boy a fond farewell. She was very sweet, professional, and respectful of the situation. In my opinion, she went above and beyond the duties of a regular vet. Teshub’s favorite toy was a frisbee. She took the time to feed him treats out of a frisbee, and encouraged all of us to pet him and love on him until he quietly fell asleep. She made an amazing clay paw print memorial for me to keep, and even gave me a long, heartfelt hug when it was all over. I highly recommend her, and am eternally thankful for her service.
I wanted to say thank you for your website. When I was stressed and worried, your website was so helpful. I left an email message and was contacted within an hour by Dr. Tamara Smith. Still not 100% convinced I needed her services, I put her off.
The next day I read the articles on your website and really already knew what had to be done.
Long story short, Dr. Smith is one of the most compassionate women I’ve ever met. She was friendly, professional, kind and patient. She didn’t rush anything and gave me a hug like she was my family member.
Thank you for making this horrible day, a day I could make it through.
I want sure where to turn and my very was closed. Stumbling across your site really helped me.
Thank you, Michelle (Edmond, OK)