Dr. Elizabeth Carlson & Dr. Thomas Booher1-hour radius of Portland, OR
- Cost is $300-$700 depending on body care (home burial vs. cremation)
- Optional Clay Paw Print and/or Fur Clipping by Request FREE
- $300-400 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, home euthanasia. (You may prefer home burial or a pet cemetery.)
- $400-500 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, euthanasia, pet body transport, group cremation, nothing saved, nothing returned. (You may prefer to have the mobile vet take your pet’s body and save precious photos instead of ashes.)
- $600-700 includes mobile vet drive time, house call time, sedation, euthanasia, pet body transport, private cremation, ashes saved, ashes returned via personal delivery or shipping (You may prefer to have the mobile vet take your pet’s body and save/return the ashes.)
- Scheduled appointments are BEST to ensure availability but we can handle emergency mobile vet care as well at times.
- Private Home Euthanasia with Relaxing Sedation
- Help with the Euthanasia Decision
- Quality of Life Discussions
- Signs of Suffering Information
- Clay Paw Print Impressions
- Cremation Transport
- Grief Support Resources
- Available Emergency Mobile Vet Care, at times
Portland: Enid Traisman, MSW, Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital, 1984 NW Petty Grove, Portland, OR 97209, (503) 234-2061,http://www.dovelewis.org/community-services/grief-support/, firstname.lastname@example.org. Four meetings per month: 1st Thursday 12:00PM; 2nd Thursday 9:00AM; 3rd Monday 7:00PM; 3rd Thursday 7:00PM
Portland: Pet’s Point of View, 3730 SE 62nd Ave, Portland, OR 97206, 503-774-2986. Meets 2nd Thursday of the month from 7-9 p.m. Contact Ute Luppertz,email@example.com, for details. http://www.petspointofview.vpweb.com
Local Pet Loss Support:
Washington State Vet School Pet Loss Support Hotline
Staffed by Washington State University, College of Veterinary Medicine
During the semester Monday through Thursday 6:30-9:00 p.m.
and Saturday 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Trained Counselors with special interest in Pet Loss Support:
Dr. Steve Rote, Psy.D.
737 Ellis Ave.
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Phone: 503-504-7346 cell or 503-675-2802
Juliane Conrad, MSEd
Philomath Counseling Center
132 S. 17th St.
526 NE Webster Ave
Portland, OR 97211